Dear Parents and Scouts,
Welcome to Katonah Troop #1, BSA! We look forward to another great year full of many activities. Click here to find the 2009-2010 schedule of events. Please help your Scout keep track of future events. We want each boy to be as active as possible and not miss out on any of the action! Please remember that the troop is only as good as each individual scout makes it. We realize everyone has a full schedule and have tried to plan our calendar accordingly. This is a commitment you and your Scout are making and the troop’s success really does depend on each Scout’s (and parent’s) involvement!
Please keep these important points in mind….
1. Meetings are held on Thursday nights in the Katonah Elementary School. We may have to meet in different rooms, but we will notify the boys ahead of time when possible.
2. Meetings are from 7:30-9:00 pm. There is adult supervision beginning at 7:15 pm.
3. All scouts MUST wear regulation uniforms and sneakers to regular meetings. See one of us if you need any part of your uniform. Uniforms and supplies are available at Scout Headquarters at 41 Saw Mill River Rd., Hawthorne, (773-1135).
4. Scout Handbooks must be brought to each meeting. Your Scout will need to refer to it often and keep track of his progress.
5. $100.00 Dues is requested immediately. We need it to cover troop insurance, registration and advancement and a subscription to Boy’s Life for each scout.
6. All boys are expected to stay until the end of each meeting unless a parent comes to take the Scout home early. The Scoutmasters are responsible until dismissal!
7. There is no food allowed in the gym. This is a school requirement and we MUST enforce it!
8. Any boy not adhering to the above guidelines or who is considered by the scoutmasters and /or Troop Committee to be behaving contrary to the Boy Scout Oath and Law will be dismissed from the Troop.
The troop needs adult volunteers to help:
• At campouts, hikes and trips
• To drive to special events
• At meetings –we need at least 2 adults present at each meeting
• For the Troop Dinner to help cook, serve or clean-up
• As members of the Troop Committee to help with planning etc.
Please check your calendars to see if you can offer any assistance. Your help is vital to the running of the troop. Please let us know if you can help in any way. This will also give you a better idea of what your scout and the other boys are doing on Thursday nights! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact one of us. Thanks for your cooperation. We look forward to a successful scouting year.
Hank Tschorn, Scoutmaster: 232-5420